- K. V. Rashmi, N. B. Shah and P. Vijay Kumar, “Distributed Storage System for Optimal Storage Space and Network Bandwidth Utilization and a Method Thereof,” Indian Provisional Patent Application (1421/CHE/2010), filed May 21, 2010.
- Abu Sajana R., Ramanathan Subramanian, P. Vijay Kumar, Syam Krishnan, Bharadwaj Amrutur,Jeena Sebastian, Malati Hegde, S. V. R. Anand, “A Low-Complexity Algorithm for Intrusion Detection in a PIR-Based Wireless Sensor Network, Indian patent filed in Dec 2010.
- P. Vijay Kumar and M. Anand, A Novel Signalling Scheme for CDMA Systems, Indian Patent filed on Sept. 25, 2007.
- P. V. Kumar, R. Omrani, J. Touch, A. Willner, P. Saghari,, “Code cycle modulation in optical code division multiple access systems,” U.S. Patent 7,616,618, Nov. 2005 (granted Nov. 10, 2009).
- Arvind Keerthi, Madabasi Govindarajan, P. Vijay Kumar, John Choma and Abhijit Shanbhag, “Pre-Distortion Apparatus,” United States Patent no. 7,844,014, issued, Nov. 30, 2010.
- P. Vijay Kumar and Marcus H. Pendergrass, “A method and an apparatus for generating a large number of codes having desirable correlation properties,” United States Patent No. 6,912,240, granted June 28, 2005, filed by Time Domain Corporation, Nov. 2001. (This patent was applied for by Time-Domain Inc. in Nov. 2001 relating to signal design for ultra-wideband communication.)
- P. V. Kumar, K. Swaminathan, P. Gupta and K. Ganesan, “High Performance Error Control Coding in Channel Encoders and Decoders,” United States Patent PN 5,666,370, September 9, 1997. (In 1992-1993, the author as a consultant for Hughes Network Systems (HNS), Germantown, Md. was involved in the design of a quaternary error-correcting code for the proposed half-rate TDMA IS-54 standard for cellular communications. This design provided to HNS has led to the 1997 patent above.)