E2 203 : Wireless Communication
Formerly Advanced Digital Communications (Jan 2007 and earlier)
Rajesh Sundaresan and Neelesh B. Mehta
- Lecture hours: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Homework discussions and occasional labs: Saturdays 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Chandramani Singh
- Salil Kashyap
The wireless channel; diversity; multiple-access and interference management; capacity of wireless channels; opportunistic communication and multiuser diversity; MIMO: spatial multiplexing and channel modeling; capacity and architectures; MIMO with multiple users.
- 20/100 Homeworks (fortnightly)
- 30/100 Mid-term (1.5 hours), Thursday 24 February 2011, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- 50/100 Final (3 hours), Friday 29 April 2011, 9:00 AM - 12:00 noon
Homeworks and lab sessions
- David Tse and Pramod Viswanath, Fundamentals of Wireless Communication, Cambridge University Press, 2005, South Asian Edition, 2006.