This page contains information useful to prepare your trip to ITW'2002. Please, don´t hesitate to contact the General Co-Chair Anurag Kumar or the Local Arrangements Chair Vinod Sharma, for any additional information you may require.
Hotel Reservations at the Workshop Site
The workshop will be held at:
ITC Hotel Windsor Sheraton and Towers
Windsor Square, 25 Sankey Road,
Bangalore, 560052, Karnataka, India
Fax: +91 80 226 4941; Tel: +91 80 226 9898
"To make reservations, please download the reservation form (PDF PS MS WORD). The completed form should be sent by fax or Email to the Hotel address mentioned in the reservation form".
Other Places to stay (Check Map for Location)
The conference site is located in the heart of the business district. A wide range of hotels are available within walking distance/short taxi/auto-rickshaw ride from the conference site. A selection of hotels is listed below. First-time visitors to India might find it more convenient to stay at a hotel within walking distance from the conference site.
Note: Luxurious hotel rooms cost anywhere between US$100/- and US$200/-. Bed & breakfast a/c rooms are available for about US$15/- or Rupees 600/- per night. Be sure to enquire about luxury/service/other additional taxes when making your reservations.
Luxury Hotels (US $100/- and above)
- The Oberoi. (About 15 minute by taxi/auto from the conference site)
- Le Meridien Bangalore. (About 3 minutes by walk from the conference site)
- The Taj West End. (About 3 km from the conference site)
- Hotel Ashok. (About 3 minutes by walk from the conference site)
- Taj Residency Hotel (About 15 minutes by taxi/auto from the conference site)
Accommodation at the Indian Institute of Science Campus.
Excellent Price-Performance Hotels (US $50/- and above)
Excellent Price-Performance Hotels (US $30/- and above)
- (Quality Inn) Comfort Inn Infantry Court.
- The Central Park.
- The Chancery.
- Gateway Hotel On Residency Road.
- The Capitol.
- Hotel Ramana Shree Comforts.
(Search through this list for the following hotels and more:)
- The Central Park.
- Curzon Court.
- Harsha Hotel and Convention Centre.
- Victoria Hotel.
- Higates Hotel.
- Ivory Tower.
(Check here for a wider range of Bangalore hotels, and also try this list. For high-end hotels, try Five Star & Deluxe Hotels in Bangalore.)
Guest House at IISc
A limited number of rooms have been booked in the IISc Main Guest House, Jawahar Visitors' House, and in Hoysala Visitors' Hostel. These rooms are normally allotted on a shared basis.
For Accommodation at IISc Guest House, send a mail to email@example.com. stating the dates for which you would like to book the room, your name, e-mail address, designation and affiliation ON OR BEFORE October 5, 2002 (FIRM DEADLINE).
- All these rooms have private bathrooms
- Meals: IISc's Main Guest House has a kitchen and dining rooms where all meals are served during fixed hours. Jawahar Visitors' house does not have any attached dining facility; one has to walk about 15 minutes to eating places on the IISc campus. Hoysala house has a cafeteria nearby.
- Transportation: We will arrange for a bus to and from the conference site
- Three wheeler auto-rickshaws are available just outside IISc's main gate. The fare is about Rs. 20 to Windsor Manor Hotel, about Rs. 100 to the airport, and Rs. 35 to the Railway Station